Beijing Cab & Taxi Service2016-03-07 14:47:46Share:
Taking a taxi is the most convenient and money saving way for newcomers to travel around a metropolis like Beijing. There are over 66,000 taxis running in every corner of the city. Most of drivers in Beijing can speak some simple English, which offers western visitors a great convenience of being able to communicate with them.
Cab calling service is available. Passengers can book a cab 24 hours in advance by phone, internet or mobile phone through the citywide reservation system. Passengers who book cabs at the six urban districts during the peak traffic time four hours in advance are insured to be successful except those who break an appointment more than twice a year. The reservation hot line is 96103.
Minimum FareCNY 13 for the first 3 kilometers (1.86 miles)
Basic Unit PriceCNY 2.3 per kilometer (0.62 mile) above 3 kilometers in the daytime.
Low-Speed Drive and Waiting FareWaiting and traffic jam time when the speed is lower than 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) per hour is charged extra the fare of 2 kilometers for each 5 minutes during the rush hours, and the fare of 1 kilometer for each 5 minutes during other time period.
Reservation FeeCNY 6 for reservation over 4 hours in advance; CNY 5 for reservation within 4 hours.
Empty Run FareIf a single journey is longer than 15 kilometers (9.32 miles), the empty run fare is charged i.e. the price per kilometer rises 50% to CNY 3.45.
Night FareFrom 23:00 to 5:00, the charge per kilometer rises 20% i.e. to CNY 2.76.
Charge for Sharing One TaxiSharing is encouraged for it to some extent relieves the traffic load of the city. If two or more passengers share one cab, one only need to pay 60% of the original fare.
1. The morning rush hours is from 7:00 to 9:00, and the evening rush hours is from 17:00 to 19:00.
2. The price is calculated exactly by every 500 meters (547 yards) and every 2.5 minites.
3. The price will be rounded to the whole number of Chinese Yuan. For example, CNY 15.4 will be rounded down to CNY 15, and CNY 15.6 will be rounded up to CNY 16.
4. The toll for an expressway or a bridge should be extra paid by the passengers.
Generally, it will cost CNY 100 - 200 from the Capital Airport to the city proper of Beijing, according to different distance. Badaling Great Wall is about 65 kilometers (40 miles) from the downtown area, which need more than CNY 200 to cover the expense by meter. Ask before getting on the cab, for most taxis do not meter while getting to those scenic spots far from the city center, then you should negotiate with the driver about the fare. FromTiananmen Square to Badaling Great Wall, it costs a little bit more than CNY 200, excluding the highway toll fare and additional fares for drive at night or at a speed lower than 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) per hour. To be noticed, there is an empty run of about 50 kilometers (31 miles) while returning to the city center. So, few drivers would like to have a single run to the spot. To rent a vehicle for a round trip, it perhaps costs you CNY 500.
1. Usually, you can hail one anywhere in the city. However, if there is a solid white line with polices around in the prosperous area, such as Tiananmen Square, the drivers will not stop for your hailing. In this case, you should look for the one stands or wait at the side streets. Additionally, if you know the way to your destination, please hail on the correct sides of the road.
2. Make sure you use an official one with a sign on the roof and with the driver's registration card.
3. It is recommended that tourists ask for a receipt when alighting from a cab because the details of the car are listed in it. This is useful should you have any problems such as leaving property behind.
4. Ask someone to write down your destination in Chinese beforehand in case of getting lost.
5. The fare can be paid with Transportation Smart Card in some taxi, which is used to travel on Beijing subway trains and buses.
The Imperial Gardens
5 Bests of the Summer Palace
5 Recommended Chinese Delicacies in Autumn Season
The Beauty of China’s Spring Teas
5 Beijing-Style Breakfast You Must Try
"Haidian" is a Must for Travelers in Beijing
7 Ways to Wrap A Dumpling
Bars and Nightclubs in Haidian District
A Hot Pot Restaurant Full of Happy Elements