Travel in Beijing by Subway2016-05-11 15:47:55Share:
Subway is the fastest transportation in Beijing and they are a good way to avoid frequent traffic jams. Presently there are 17 subway lines plus one airport express line in operation. They connect many tourism spots such as the Summer Palace, Ti'anmen Square and Yuanmingyuan Park, etc.
The price is charged according to the distance. It is CNY3 for the first 3.7 miles (6km), CNY4 for 3.7 to 7.5 miles (6 to 12km), CNY5 for 7.5 to 13.7 miles (12 to 22km), CNY6 for 13.7 to 20 miles (22 to 32km), extra CNY2 for every additional 12.4 miles (20km) if distance over 20 miles (32km). A Transportation Smart Card can be used for paying. The stops are announced in both Chinese and English. Passengers can query the subway staff to avoid going in the wrong direction and wasting time. While Beijing subways are not as good as those in Shanghai and Guangzhou; compared with the congested road network, they are a far better choice for getting around the city.
Line 1 (East-West Line): Sihuidong – Pingguoyuan
Full Length: 31 kilometers (19 miles)
Main Stops: Wukesong, Gongzhufen, Military Museum, Xidan, Tiananmen, Wangfujing, Jianguomen, Yonganli, Guomao
Line 2 (Circle Line): (it is a line running beneath the 2nd Ring Road.)
Full Length: 23 kilometers (14 miles)
Main Stops: Xizhimen, Drum Tower, Dongzhimen, Chaoyangmen, Jianguomen, Railway Station, Qianmen, Xuanwumen, Fuxingmen, Fuchengmen
Line 4: Anheqiao North – Gongyixiqiao
Full Length: 28.14 kilometers (17.5 miles)
Main Stops: Yuanmingyuan, Beijing University East Gate, Zhonguancun, Renmin University, National Library, Zoo, Xizhimen, Xinjiekou, Xisi, Xidan, Xuanwumen, Caishikou, South Railway Station, Majiabao
Line 5: Tiantongyuan North– Songjiazhuang (north to south)
Full Length: 27.6 kilometers (17 miles)
Main Stops: Heping Xiqiao, Yonghegong, Dongsi, Dengshikou, Dongdan, Chongwenmen, Temple of Heaven (east entrance)
Line 6: Haidian Wuluju - Lucheng (west to east)
Full Length: 54 kilometers (34 miles)
Main Stops: Cishousi, Chegongzhuang, Pinganli, Dongsi, Chaoyangmen, Hujialou
Line 7: West Railway Station - Jiaohuachang
Full Length: 24 kilometers (15 miles)
Line 8: Zhuxinzhuang - Nanluoguxiang
Main Stops: Olympic Park, Olympic Sports Center Stadium, Guloudajie
Line 9: National Library - Guogongzhuang
Main Stops: National Library, West Railway Station, Liuliqiao, Fengtai Nan Lu
Line 10 (Cricle Line): Taking Bagou as Terminal
Full Length: 57 kilometers (35 miles)
Main Stops: Suzhoujie, Haidian Huangzhuang, Zhichunli, Shaoyaoju, Liangmaqiao, Jinsong, Songjiazhuang, Hujialou
Line 13 : Xizhimen – Dongzhimen
Full Length: 40 kilometers (25 miles)
Main Stops: Xizhimen, Wudaokou, Huilongguan, Beiyuan, Shaoyaoju, Dongzhimen
Line 14: West Section: Zhangguozhuang – Xiju; Middle & East Sections: Shan'gezhuang - South Railway Station
Full Length: 48 km (30 miles)
Main Stops: Zhangguozhuang, Garden Expo Park, Dawayao, Guozhuangzi, Dajing, Qilizhuang, Xiju, Shilihe, South Railway Station
Line 15: Qinghuadongluxikou - Fengbo
Full Length: 41 kilometers (25 miles)
Main Stops: New CIEC, Wangjing
Batong Line: Sihui – Tuqiao
Full Length: 19 kilometers (12 miles)
Main Stops: Sihui, Communication University of China, Baliqiao, Guoyuan, Jiukeshu, Tuqiao
Daxing Line: Gongyixiqiao – Tiangongyuan
Full Length: 22 kilometers (14 miles)
Yizhuang Line: Songjiazhuang - Yizhuang Train Station
Full Length: 23 kilometers (14 miles)
Changping Line: Xierqi ↔ Changping Xishankou
Full Length: 32 kilometers (20 miles)
Fangshan Line: Guogongzhuang - Suzhuang
Full Length: 25 kilometers (16 miles)
Airport Express Train: Dongzhimen – Capital International Airport (T2, T3)
Full Length: 28 kilometers (17 miles)
Main Stops: Dongzhimen, Sanyuanqiao, Capital Airport
Travel Tips on taking metro in this city:
1. Commonly, there are four entrances in four directions for each stop. So, you should make sure which one to take when getting out of the station or you will probably get lost. You can find signs with the main destinations at crossings of the passageway.
2. The metro stations are clean and have English signs directing tourists to the exits and nearby places that you are likely trying to find.
3. In this city, the metro stations are marked with a blue sign with letter D inside a circle on it.
4. A child shorter than 4.3 feet (1.3m) cannot ride the metro alone. If an adult takes one child below 4.3 feet high on the metro, the child is free of charge; if two, one of the children is free of charge.
5. Tickets are issued for one-day use only.
6. Passengers can find toilets on the platform level or in the ticket hall of each stop.
7. Take good care of your personal things as the crowded carriages have one or two pickpockets on peak hours now and then.
8. No pets can be taken on the metro.
9. Please keep out the yellow line when you are waiting for the metro.
The Imperial Gardens
5 Bests of the Summer Palace
5 Recommended Chinese Delicacies in Autumn Season
The Beauty of China’s Spring Teas
5 Beijing-Style Breakfast You Must Try
"Haidian" is a Must for Travelers in Beijing
7 Ways to Wrap A Dumpling
Bars and Nightclubs in Haidian District
A Hot Pot Restaurant Full of Happy Elements