9 Facts about Beijing, the Capital of China2016-07-04 16:27:00Share:
For anyone who are interested in visiting or getting to know more about the capital of China, here are 9 Interesting facts about Beijing.
1. Beijing is the capital of the People’s Republic of China. Bei means northern, and jing means capital. Beijing literally means the north capital.
2. Beijing is the center of the China’s politics and international exchanges, and it is also the nation’s second largest city, just after Shanghai.
3. Mandarin is the official language in China. It is mostly based on the Beijing dialect.
4. The cuisine in Beijing is known as Jing Cuisine, and the popular dishes include Hot and Sour Soup, Moo Shu Pork, and Peking Duck, which is a roast duck sliced in a very specific way.
5. The chrysanthemum and the Chinese rose are Beijing’s official flowers.
6. Beijing is considered to be the bicycle capital of the world because there are a lot of parking lots dedicated to bikes alone.
7. Peking opera, a traditional form of Chinese theater, is an important part of the Chinese culture. This art form consists of a combination of song, spoken dialogue, and codified action sequences. People practice their opera singing at parks around the city as well as in opera houses. True Essence of Chinese Opera
8. Beijing host the 2008 Summer Olympics games with an official logo “Dancing Beijing.” Also, the Chinese athletes won the most gold medals in the 2008 Olympics. And Beijing has already won the 2020 Winter Olympics' hosting.
The Imperial Gardens
5 Bests of the Summer Palace
5 Recommended Chinese Delicacies in Autumn Season
The Beauty of China’s Spring Teas
5 Beijing-Style Breakfast You Must Try
"Haidian" is a Must for Travelers in Beijing
7 Ways to Wrap A Dumpling
Bars and Nightclubs in Haidian District
A Hot Pot Restaurant Full of Happy Elements